How do you actively engage students with content and coursework?
I actively engage students by posting informational forums and soliciting questions.
What can new students expect from you in your class?
Students can expect prompt feedback, readily available to clarity information and fairness in grading assignments.
How do you incorporate the values of Fran U into your teaching?
I am constantly mindful of Fran U’s Franciscan values as I interact with students.
How do you inspire and support online students?
I inspire students online by encouraging students who experience difficulties with assignments, and providing specific feedback along with strategies for improvement.
- PhD, Curriculum & Instruction, Louisiana State University
- MSN, Nursing Education, Southern University
- BSN, Southern University
- Statewide Nurse Consultant, Emergency Preparedness, Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health, Bureau of Community Preparedness
- Hospice Case Manager
- Staff Nurse (medical-surgical, orthopedic, neurology units)
- BSN Clinical Coordinator
- Asst. Professor, Undergraduate Nursing Program, Our Lady of the Lake College, 12 years
Courses Taught at Fran U:
- Senior-level ADN course
- RN-LPN Transition course
- Nursing Concept IV (NURS 4750)
- Educator of the Year, Baton Rouge District Nurses Association, 2015