How do you actively engage students with content and coursework?
I engage students by:
- Asking probing questions
- Giving them supplemental resources to review and discuss
- Link questions with what is happening now
- Lastly, giving feedback
What can new students expect from you in your class?
I expect students to be engaged in the work. I will work with students because I know they have families and jobs. However, if they chose to continue their education, they will have to do the work.
How do you incorporate the values of OLOL College into your teaching?
I like to be fair. This is important. I also like to tell the students the truth about their work especially when it is not good. I also like to praise students for a job well done.
How do you inspire and support online students?
- Timely feedback and constructive feedback so they can use the feedback to improve the next assignment.
- Acknowledge challenges that the student may encounter.
- Respond to questions with 24-48 hours.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Bachelor’s in Nursing
- Master’s In Nursing
- PhD in Education
- Critical Care
- Ambulatory Care
- Oral Surgery
Management in Hospital:
- Charge Nurse
- House Supervisor
- Unit Manager
- Ambulatory Care Manager
LSUHSC New Orleans 13 years
- Faculty in Med-surg, critical care, psychiatry, OB
- Adult Health Leader
Our Lady of the Lake College 11.5 years
- Interim Dean
- Director of Accelerated Program
- Chair of Undergraduate Nursing
- Clinical Director
- Director of the RN-BSN Program
Courses Taught at Fran U:
- Critical Care
- Online courses:
- Nursing in the 21st Century
- Community Nursing
- Legal/Ethical Nursing
- Health Policy
- Health Assessment
- Holder of Mother Gertrude Endowed Professorship
- Mace Bearer OLOL Graduation
- Selected Great 100 Nurses
- Celebrate Nursing Honoree
- IV Therapy Chapter in FA Davis Procedure Book
- Myocardial Infarction In Journal of Oncology Nursing