At Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, we make nursing education affordable through a competitive tuition rate and allowing you to transfer in up to 90 credits. In all, 30 credits must be taken at FranU in order to reach the total RN to BSN program requirements of 120 credit hours.
|Credits for RN License||38 Credits||
|Core Curriculum and Electives||Up to 58 Credits||$506.72 per credit|
|Core Nursing Courses||24 Credits||$531.47 per credit|
*Cost of attendance for upcoming year is subject to change.
To better understand your cost of attendance, use our Tuition & Fees Calculator. You can modify the number of courses needed to fit your credit transfer situation and determine your costs.
Financial Aid Opportunities
More than 90% of our student body receives some form of financial aid, making us one of the nation's most affordable private Catholic universities. Many of our students receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships and loans. Below you will find common financial aid opportunities.
- Subsidized Direct Stafford Loans are awarded based on financial need. You will not be charged (interest) while you are in school or, if applicable, for a six-month grace period once you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment.
- Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans are not awarded based on financial need. You will be charged interest from the time the loan is disbursed until the time the loan is paid in full. You do not need to repay the loan while you are in school or, if applicable, for a six-month grace period once you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment.
- Some employers have tuition reimbursement plans for staff who pursue additional schooling. Department managers and human resource officers are the best sources of information.
- The U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) administers a variety of benefits and services that provide financial and other forms of assistance to service members, veterans, their dependents and survivors. One of these benefits provides assistance to those who are pursuing a college education. Call your local veterans affairs office for more information.
- Grants are a great way to get assistance to pay for your college education. Grants are based on financial need and, unlike loans, they don’t have to be paid back. The most popular student grant is the Pell Grant. For additional information, including application requirements, visit the Department of Education website.
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University also participates in the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) and the Louisiana Go Grant program.
The first step to applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Call (844) 528-8604 for more information and assistance.