The ACEN-accredited RN to BSN program at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University prepares registered nurses to fill leadership roles in the delivery of evidence-based care and establishes a solid foundation for graduate education.
“Baccalaureate education has a significant impact on knowledge, not just skills,” said Francine Thomas, Ph.D., RN, director of FranU's RN to BSN program. “You need to know the bedside and technical skills, but a baccalaureate degree provides knowledge in many other areas. This broader knowledge helps you take better care of the patient.”
Transfer Credits to Jumpstart Your BSN
- Transfer courses that are equal in content to those offered at FranU
- Enjoy transferability from more than 10 in-state schools and a wide variety of out-of-state schools
- Save time and money by making your associate’s degree classes work for you to cover core curriculum and elective requirements
About Our Online Louisiana RN to BSN Degree Program
By providing the knowledge and skills essential to practice in a rapidly changing healthcare environment, our RN to BSN online program prepares registered nurses for professional leadership roles, career enhancement and graduate/doctoral study in nursing. More specifically, you learn to:
- Provide holistic nursing care to individuals, families, communities and populations
- Apply arts, science and nursing learning in the delivery of high-quality nurse care
- Translate existing evidence into safe nursing practice
- Communicate and collaborate respectfully with partners to optimize health
- Function as a leader and change agent within dynamic healthcare systems using knowledge of health policy and legal principles
- Adhere to ethical principles while serving as advocate and healthcare provider
Louisiana Online RN to BSN Degree Admissions Requirements
The online RN to BSN program at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University is fully approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing and holds accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Online RN to BSN Application Requirements
- Diploma or associate degree from an ACEN- or CCNE-accredited nursing program with a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Permanent, active and unencumbered registered nurse licensure
Online RN to BSN Degree Career opportunities include:
The potential for career advancement is significantly enhanced for nurses who complete a BSN degree. In fact, the American Nurses Credentialing Center requires a hospital’s nurse managers to all have a BSN or graduate degree in nursing for it to receive its Magnet designation of distinction. This is due to a growing body of research that indicates lower mortality rates, fewer medication errors and increased positive outcomes are linked to nurses prepared at the baccalaureate level.
“In the past, there was a huge gap in nursing between research and translating it into better patient outcomes,” said Phyllis Pedersen, D.N.P., C.R.N.A., dean of FranU's School of Nursing. “Completing the RN to BSN allows you to form the ability to understand and translate research into practice. You have to learn how to get into the literature and see what the evidence says. We’re creating, in essence, translators of the knowledge.”
Louisiana is a state located in the southern region of the United States. Louisiana is the 31st most extensive and the 25th most populous of the 50 United States. Its capital is Baton Rouge and largest city is New Orleans. Louisiana is the only state in the U.S. with political subdivisions termed parishes, which are the local government's equivalent to counties. The largest parish by population is East Baton Rouge Parish, and the largest by land area is Plaquemines. Louisiana is bordered by Arkansas to the north, Mississippi to the east, Texas to the west, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south.
Major Cities in Louisiana