It would be hard to think of a good reason not to return to school for an RN-to-BSN program. If you need a little boost to get that application in for this fall, consider:
1. ‘Tis the season. The last days of summer are drifting by and the back-to-school sales are in full swing. Fall is nearly synonymous with returning to school. Knowing that you will soon be hitting the books, the summer corn will taste a little sweeter, your last weekend at the beach will be a little brighter, and your summer reading will be all the more indulgent. If you have kids in school, they will get a kick out of reminding you to do your homework.
2. It couldn't be easier. It has never been more convenient for an RN to earn their BSN. Gone are the days of arranging your work schedule and family life around your classes. At Our Lady of the Lake College Online, 100% of your courses are online, at your own pace. You can log in to classes on your own time – days, nights, and weekends – or in your pajamas at 3 am if that is what works best for you. Whether or not online learning is new to you, you will be assigned a Student Success Coach to help you, step-by-step, along with the way.
3. You could be done by this time next year. Remember last summer, when you were thinking of completing your RN-to-BSN education? You could have been done by now. Don't let another year go by without completing your BSN. Our Lady of the Lake College Online accepts up to 96 transfer credits from RN students' associate degree programs – more than most online RN-to-BSN completion programs. Our Lady of the Lake College Online also accepts credit-by examination. You could have your BSN in just two semesters, without the need to repeat coursework or pay for credits you've already earned.
4. You will be perfectly poised for the new, higher salary job you have been wanting. Did you know that it is a combination of work experience and a BSN degree that is in greatest demand for nursing positions these days? You'll also have an advantage over new BSNs, who have no work experience in a nursing field. Your experience combined with your BSN may put you in a position for most nursing leadership positions. If you have your heart set on nursing management or administration, a BSN will be essential.
5. There is still time to enroll. Our Lady of the Lake College Online RN-to-BSN completion program has start dates of August 21, 2017, and October 16, 2017. While there is no absolute application deadline, the sooner you get started, the sooner you could be enrolled. Application requirements include a diploma or associate's degree with a minimum 2.0 GPA and a permanent, active and unrestricted registered nurse license.
For more information about Our Lady of the Lake College Online RN-to-BSN completion program, and to enroll for the fall, go to https://online.ololcollege.edu/programs/bachelor/rn-bsn-online