RN to BSN Program Details
The online RN to BSN program at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University is fully approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing and holds accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- A diploma or associate degree from an ACEN - or CCNE - accredited nursing program with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- A permanent, active and unencumbered registered nurse licensure.
RN to BSN Program Curriculum
To enter the RN to BSN online program, the student must have completed an RN Program and have an active, permanent RN license. 30 hours of RN to BSN courses must be completed at FranU. Each online course is eight to sixteen weeks in length and can be completed 100% online. Students have the opportunity to take multiple courses at a time.
A full-time student can complete the required nursing courses toward the BSN in two semesters. Transfer credits for courses from other accredited institutions and credit-by-examination will be accepted according to Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University policy.
To view our complete curriculum - see our Program Guide.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions by prospective students. You can view all our FAQs here.
Are your programs accredited?
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The RN to BSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Do you offer credits for work experience?
- No, unfortunately we do not. We do, however, have a generous transfer credit policy that allows you to potentially transfer more than 90 credits towards your bachelor’s degree.
How do I go to class?
- You go to class by logging in and accessing course materials through an internet capable device such as a computer, smartphone or tablet. Lectures, books and other materials are accessed online where you can read, listen to or watch them. Assignments are typically completed online as well, though you may work on them when not logged in.
How often will I go to class?
- There are no mandatory login times. You can login to read lectures or complete coursework as needed.
What Our Students Are Saying
Dedicated, Personalized Support
Students enjoy comprehensive and personalized online support. We start by matching each online student with a dedicated Student Success Advisor who ensures students have what they need to succeed, including the necessary tools, information and resources.
In addition, we provide:
- Complimentary career and degree counseling
- Complimentary transfer credit evaluations
- Complimentary, private financial consultations
- Waived transcript and application fees
"Having been out of school for twenty three years, I really didn’t know if I could figure out all the technology and adapt to a new way of learning, but it almost seems easier than tradition classes."
"I love that I can pace myself and have unlimited resources at my fingertips. Online classes allow me the freedom to continue to spend time with my family and maintain my fitness goals. I never imagined I would be able to do all those things at once.
Sonja Lee, online RN to BSN Student